Check out the real-world learning environment at the Houston Training Center
When training courses are offered as hands-on in the power system testing industry, it often just means the practical use of test sets. But training is much more effective if real testing situations are enabled in the classroom.
The OMICRON Academy Training Center in Houston is perfectly designed for a very effective training experience. At this state-of the art facility, you will lay your hands on real assets and literally feel the energy during the learning process. You will use our test equipment to perform your own diagnostic tests on these assets and assess the results together with the instructor.
- 10 MVA power transformer to perform all typical electrical power transformer tests as well as advanced diagnostics
- 69 kV SF6 circuit breaker and a 15 kV vacuum breaker for circuit breaker testing
- Partial Discharge (PD) testing area
- Hands-on Protective Relay Lab
- Training area for distribution automation including apparatus from various manufacturers
Watch this video to get an exclusive insight into how we do training: OMICRON Training Center Houston Video